C.L. Martin & Co. Limited has specialized in leasing and moving modular buildings since 1966. We offer a turn-key lease and delivery package on re-locatable buildings for use as classrooms, complexes, offices, daycares or storage rooms by school boards, private schools, businesses or individuals.
Our very early days in the construction industry gave us the background to be leaders in innovation, efficiency and competency in the modular building industry. In 1946, C.L. Martin, the father of one of the current owners, started a small construction business in Floradale, Ontario. Business grew quickly and soon partners were involved. Over the years, C.L. Martin Construction erected numerous large commercial buildings close to home and as distant as Bracebridge and Markham.
Several years after incorporating in 1960, C.L., as he was known, felt that the future lay in the portable structure business. In 1966, the first six modular buildings were constructed and leased out. In 1975, the switch was made from construction to leasing and moving modular buildings.
Today, under second generation ownership of the Martin and Bauman families, the supply of modular buildings for lease has grown to over 500 buildings.